Tuesday, June 25, 2013

This summer I have decided to write alongside my fellow colleagues in an online writing summer camp entitled "Teachers Write!" I am thoroughly excited about joining this group for a number of reasons. First, because it appeals to my inner nerd. Second, because I've never been a part of an online writing group and I feel excited to be a part of a program that enables me to write with peers. Lastly, because I am an aspiring writer and feel inspired to persevere with my writing using the prompts professional writers provide for me in this program.

I decided to use MMI as my writing notebook for this summer's session. I've never kept an online blog as a notebook, but I am excited to try this out...

So I guess I should get started. Hi! My name is Dalin Rachael and I am a certified 7th-12th grade English Literature teacher. I work in an inner city school district where I have spent the first four of the past five years teaching 7th graders, and this past year teaching 10th-12th graders. Although the job is stressful, I would not trade the satisfying feeling of connecting intellectually with budding young intellectuals any day! To know that I help shape the lives and minds of our future thinkers gives me a sense of empowerment and fulfillment that I could never receive in any other type of job.

I hope you enjoy reading my summer's writings.

-DR

No comments:

Post a Comment